Thank you for your interest in renting an Ad Board with New Citizens Inc! We appreciate your support.
NCI’s mission is to provide education, support, and assistance to all residents .To help fund classes and services, NCI offers advertising space at NCIâ€™s three Second Life campuses with a traffic range of between 3000 and 30,000 per day.
We have approx 65 ad boards across all our campuses and classrooms. Each board is rented separately, on a weekly basis. Minimum rental is 2 weeks.
How To Get Started
To rent a board, please choose the board you would like. Pricing is done based on the amount of traffic the area receives.
NCI Kuula Main Plaza – Starting place for most new residents. Very Visible with an average of 30K traffic
NCI Main Kuula Plaza
$200L per week, Minimum 2 week rental.
These traffic metrics were made by LindaB Helendale. If you would like some for your business, please contact her personally.
NCI Kuula Small Sandbox – adjacent to the Plaza. Very Visible with spots near the free Home Spot. Average of 30K traffic.
NCI Kuula Small Sandbox
$100L per week. Minimum of 2 week rental
NCI Kuula Large Sandbox – Across the road from the Plaza. Popular with builders and vehicle enthusiasts.
NCI Kuula Big Sandbox
$50L weekly with 2 week minimum
NCI Kuula Tutorial – The perfect place for new residents! Walk through tutorial for brand new people to learn how to use SL. Fully updated with the newest info. Increasingly popular with averaging 100 new users a day.
NCI Kuula Tutorial
$50L per week, 2 week minimum
NCI South – Popular with builders and gamers. Home of many building tutorials and popular classes. 2K traffic
$50L per week. 2 week minimum
NCI South Sandbox – Many building and texturing tutorials. Sandbox with voice capability. A favorite of builders
NCI South Sandbox
$50L weekly, 2 week minimum
NCI Beach – Oceanside home of the popular Beach Party and weekly classes. Toob races held weekly and prove well attended! 5K traffic
$50L per week with 2 week minimum
You will need an ad texture, 512 pixels by 512 pixels that is G rated – no nudity, no sex, no violence, no harsh language. Ginger Lorakeet is offering ad texture creating service to all our advertisers at a low donation of $100L. Please contact her directly.
To start your advertising campaign, click the sign you wish to rent. A menu will pop up. In nearby chat you will see the weekly rental rate.
1. Right click on the board and click Edit. You might have to right click again.
2. Hold down control and drag your ad image into the Contents Tab of the Edit window. YOU must hold down the control key while dragging or it won’t work. It must be a full perm texture. The board will have a red outline when you are holding down the control key and dragging the image. The name of your items MUST BE LESS THAN 24 CHARACTERS!
3. Hold down the control key again and drag your LM, notecard or item into the board’s Contents Tab. The item must be at least copy and transfer for the board to distribute it when clicked by a resident. The name of your items must BE LESS THAN 24 CHARACTERS!
4. Click the board. A pop up window will appear with buttons to set your image and item.
5. Click Set Image and then choose the ad image.
6. Click Set item and choose the item you wish to hand out when the ad is clicked.
7. Click the board again and this time click Pay. Choose the amount to pay based on the weekly rental rate. IE – $50L a week times 4 weeks is $200L.
8. Check the look of your ad – if there are any problems with placement on the sign board, please let Rowan Carroll or Kreechur Resident know ASAP.
You’re advertising with NCI!
You can also add a landmark, notecard or boxed item to the ad board. It will be given out when a resident clicks on your ad. Please make sure any item given out is G rated. The item placed in the board must be copy AND transfer. Due to the technical limitations of Second Life, the item has to have both copy and transfer permission for the board to distribute properly. NCI areas are all set to Rez, so residents can immediately open any gifts.
Our ad boards will IM you three days before the time is up and again one day before. Please be sure to renew your rental before it runs out to keep your spot from being lost.
If you decide NOT to renew, your space will revert back to the starting NCI Ad, and your items placed inside the ad board will be deleted. We can not hold spaces over the paid rental time.
All refunds are at the sole discretion of the Advertising Staff. If you have made a mistake in renting your board, please contact one of the Advertising Team: Rowan Carroll, Kreechur Resident or Jaco Schaffner.
All ad boards have a Report button on the face. Because NCI is a General rated area, we can not allow Mature or Adult rated images. If we find any ads to be Moderate or Adult, we will take the ad down. Refunds are at the sole discretion of the Advertising Staff. Reports are checked by the Advertising Team often throughout the day and will be dealt with as soon as possible.
G rating standards – A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity. Sexually-oriented objects such as “sex beds” or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions. General regions are areas where you should feel free to say and do things that you would be comfortable saying and doing in front of your grandmother or a grade school class.
Thank you again for choosing to spend your advertising budget with New Citizens Inc. Everyone who attends an event, takes a class or learns a new skill appreciates it.
Another way to advertise with NCI is event and class sponsorship. For more information, please contact Krystal Devonshire.
Questions, Concerns and other thoughts send to: