Hola! Come on out and Dance! Donate! Party with Caliente People and and have some FUN
Wear something RED or Whatever You Want
Bring along a Friend or Three: NEW FOLKS WELCOME
One Hour of Hot Salsa Tunes & Wild Dances!
Come On Over!
As usual, dozens attended the beach party! Most came in awesome costumes! Here are some in no particular order…
Finally when the votes were tallied..
- Tying for first place were Mousie and Christine!!
- Tying for second place were Victor, Technus, and Talia!
- Nine others tied for third place!
Congratulations, everyone! Fun and prizes!
See you next week!
The Costume Contest theme for tonight is
~ Best in Beach Wear ~
So whip out those bikinis and slap on that sunscreen.
See you there 7pm SLT tonight at NCI Beach http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fishermans%20Cove/40/173/24
You don’t need to get a job in world, or buy Linden using your Paypal or credit card to look good in Second Life. Here are a few tips & tricks to finding decent freebies in Second Life & on the Marketplace.
- Blogs: If you do a quick google search you can find tons of blogs that talk about Second Life. A lot of them are fashion blogs, or freebie blogs, where they post pictures and tell you where they found them.
- Hunts: A hunt is when a group of stores get together, decide on a theme (ex: Halloween, Spring, etc) and make gifts to give out to people who ‘hunt’ (basically you just wander around the store looking for a certain item which contains the gift) for them in each store that’s participating. Many hunts are free, and you can find out about current hunts here.
- Fairs: There is usually some sort of fair going on somewhere in Second Life and some of them give out gifts to those who attend. There are fairs all about Hair, fairs about Skins, and there are fairs that support real life charities & causes. An example of one going on right now is the Fantasy Faire, which is supporting Relay for Life.
- Group Gifts: Many store groups give out gifts to those who are in their group. Some of the groups do have a fee to join, but there are many groups that are free.
Also if you are still under 30 days, FabFree has a great list of stores that give things away to new users so I suggest checking it out.
The Marketplace can be a great place to find freebies, but it can be a bit confusing when you’re new. Using keywords like free, freebie, gift are what will help the most here. If you have a few linden, you also search ‘dollarbies’ which are items that usually cost 1L.
- Don’t be too specific if you’re using keywords. Typing ‘cute tan heels with pink flowers’ is very, very unlikely to yield any results. Try to focus one just one or two keywords.
- You can filter out some demo’s by typing ‘NOT demo’ after your keywords. Ex: tan heels NOT demo
- Once you’ve searched, you can see some search filters on the left side. Searching by price is very handy, you can even set your own (0L to 1L is ideal since you can’t just search for 0L items).
- Under the Search bar there is a Sort option that allows you to sort the search results, selecting ‘Price: Low to High’ will show the lower priced items first.
A lot of awesome builders & scripters visit Kuula, and some of the stuff they come up with is just amazing…such as Mcarp Mavendorf’s Icosahedron Roller! Just don’t ask me what it does because I honestly am not really sure besides spinning around in a very confusing manner…
We ended up getting 15 people to sit on this crazy thing, but the lag was a bit crazy so it didn’t last very long.
I am sure everyone who is familiar with NCI knows Mouse ( mouseplay ) She is involved with many things within NCI, especially teaching. Though not many of you may know this, Mouse has trouble with typing.
AK ( Alaska Udimo ) came up with a sneaky plan….
He organized for all of us to ‘chip in’ and buy Mouse ‘Dragon, Naturally Speaking’ and have it ready at her home to present to her at the end of the NCI Easter Hunt. Of course she had no idea what was happening until she was given the final egg to open at the hunt.
” I am pleased that WE, as NCI, made a good thing happen for Mousie and it was nice that so many people chipped in to help her. I am happy that it made her day and will assist her in being with us much more.” AK
Mouse was so thrilled our gift moved her to tears, and I’m sure there were a few of us having a teary too.
“Ginger tell them that after crying for 30 minutes I got it installed and I’m IMing everybody I know just to practice with it” Mouse
The final part of our huge NCI Birthday bash, the Blitz Building Contest!
NCI holds a Blitz Building contest every Saturday evening from 7-8:30pm SL, and this week it’s being held at NCI South due to the Birthday build still being up at NCI Beach where it’s normally held. This week the theme is “On the Farm!”, hosted by TheOtherKitty, and even 20 minutes in a lot of people have some pretty awesome looking builds going on!
First place winner Leah Shim had this to say after winning in this weeks Blitz Build:
I never expect to win with the silliest things that come to my brain. I’m twisted.
Congrats to everyone who built tonight, a lot of fun and silly builds as usual, and we hope to see you all again next week at the same time for our next contest!
This is the second part of our big NCI Birthday bash! NCI is now NINE years old, and to celebrate we’ve had some awesome events going on all day! You can check out our post on the first part of the party celebrations here.
Also be sure to join us at NCI South for the last part out of NCI’s birthday bash, the blitz building contest starting at 7pm SLT!
Schedule of Events (US Time 4pm-8:30pm SLT)
Dance hosted by Beverly Montgomery & Krystal Devonshire
Live DJs: PJ Devonshire & Christine Grigorovich
Costume Contest hosted by Leah Shim
Contest Theme: “Medieval”
Costume Contest Winners:
New Citizens Inc is 9 years old and we’re celebrating by having not just one, but TWO parties (one for those on Euro time, and another later in the day for the rest) today at NCI Beach! The first party started at 11am SLT and went until 2pm SLT, and the second party will start at 4pm and run until 7pm.
Schedule of Events (Euro Time 11am-2pm SLT)
Dance hosted by: Wellington Beam
Live DJ: Imnotgoing Sideways & Christine Grigorovich
Costume Contest hosted by: Leah Shim
Costume Theme: “Medieval”
Toob Race hosted by: Wellington Beam
Costume Contest Winners:
1st: Precious Mirror
2nd: (tie) Pawlina & Mousie
3rd: Wellington Beam
6th: Sleepy Waffle
We had our best turn out yet for Games Time today with new games available trying out a new word game and Polyominoes
Congrats to Talun and Mouse on their wins in scrabble and polyominoes today and thanks to all who joined us.
Games Time is every Monday at 12pm and 6pm at NCI South
Blitz Building Events are quickly becoming what I look forward to most during the week, it’s always fascinating to see what sort of things people come up with and can make in such a short amount of time! Tonight was a pretty fun theme, History!
Congrats to all of the builders, and big thanks as always to everyone who came out to join us, we look forward to seeing you next Saturday at 7PM slt @ Fisherman’s Cove!
The inmates behaved…mostly…kind of…maybe…
There were lots of fantastic costumes.
Detective Elayne is on the case
TOOB Winners …….1st – Technus, 2nd – Laeluna, 3rd – Guana
Be sure to join us for TGIF at NCI South every Friday from 1pm – 2pm SLT! Lot’s of fun people to talk to, t00b races, and lucky chairs!
6th Terl Luckstone
5th Kennymcdee Korobase
4th Sleepy Waffle
3rd Janie Broome
1st Jay Petto
We get a lot of new people ask us ‘ I’m new, where do I go?’. The answer is, anywhere you like. Second Life is about having fun and enjoying what you do. One thing you can do is take yourself on a tour by using the Destination Guide.
By Peace Smythe
In the last week or so I’ve noticed that the help desk in Kuula has been empty by the time morning rolls around in SLT. I really was planning on writing a cutting note about the lack of pencils and the fact that my stash of cookies is missing but I happened to be up early this morning and found a disreputable gang had taken over the help desk. I barely survived the sudden fit of giggles that overtook me.